Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Bogger's New Look

8/30/20 Update!  I've been working with the New Blogger.  I plan to publish two posts September 1, 2020.  We'll see if all goes well.  Thank you, Marilynn
 
8/5/20  Today, looking at more details about the New Blogger, I read Legacy may not be available after the end of August.  When I have a post.... I'll give New Blogger a good try, but this might be the conclusion of the blogged projects and new "free" patterns.  I apologize for (being an ol'dog) any disappointment you may experience. 
Thank you, Marilynn
8/5/20 See, I'm trying!  I just found "new post" in the New Blogger, it was probably there all along!  Take Care!
8/30/20 Looks like New Blogger added some (English) words near the symbols/buttons. 

July 5, 2020 Too many thoughts, let's see if I can pull a few together. And Blogger has a new look! I tried the "New Blogger", but had difficulty finding a button as simple as save, or preview.

Hovering in the upper right corner seemed to work. I found the preview. It is the eyeball. Don't hit the paper airplane until you are ready to publish. LOL: the ol'floppy disc is the save icon. Do any of you youngsters even know what that is/was?  And, < > changes the format of this edit page.

I am heading back on the Legacy.

I'll keep updating this post as I work my way through the new look. Thank you, Marilynn

7/7/20  I edited some of the above 7/5/20 thoughts/comments.  Now, I need to try adding some photos. In the New Blogger, this seems to be one step, rather than holding a few in a folder to grab as needed.  That will work for me, because I usually have my photo files in good order.  Now, let's try resizing, moving, adding a caption.  As I grab the photos to move them, they seem to loose their captions.  OK, with a click I lost one of the photos.  I placed the (center) photo back in sequence, not too frustrating.  I'll "edit"click it off to the left.  Yep, the captions do not seem to be attached to the photos.  Wow, a couple more clicks, and two photos are not there.   Oh, because I opened two photos at the same time, they seem to be connected.    Sorry, you didn't see all the steps.  Here are the results:

smaller with a caption

to the left with a short caption

larger with a caption.

Still 7/7/20 In New Blogger, as I clicked the eyeball, I got the message "Firefox prevented this site from opening a pop-up window."   I'll toggle back to Legacy to get a preview.  OK,  I'll  save, and back arrow Blogger (left corner) to close this project to get back to the option for Legacy.  That is enough for today!  Take care, Marilynn


7/18/20 I am ready to draft a "new post".  I am not seeing that option in Blogger's New Look.   I'll be working in Legacy. 










No comments:

Post a Comment