Saturday, June 18, 2022

Waffles!


Excited about knitting and posting hat projects for the Wool-Aid challenge,  WAFFLES FOR KIDS: June 2022, I got hungry and purchased a waffle iron. Earlier this spring, I had seen an equipment review on America's Test Kitchen with the recommendation for the Chefman Anti-Overflow Belgian Waffle Maker.  I looked  through my (silly stack of) notes and ordered the waffle maker!  After I placed the order, I was thinking, YES, we can have waffles for Father's Day!  Friday morning, I took the maker out of the box for a test run, wiped it off as recommended, stirred up some batter (1/2 recipe) and made 4 waffles! I'll freeze the extras and make fresh waffles on Father's Day!

Waffle Recipe:

1 cup flour 

1/8 cup sugar

1tsp baking powder

1 egg

3/4 cup milk

1/4 cup oil 

1/2tsp vanilla

In a bowl, whisk  flour, sugar, baking powder.

In another bowl, whisk egg, milk, oil, vanilla

Add wet to dry ingredients and stir.

The waffle maker user guide will tell you about the details for the cooking!  


 

1 comment:

  1. Looks really tasty! Hoping Grams will make the grandkids waffles when we visit.

    Really curious how exactly you measure 1/8 cup sugar...

    ReplyDelete